Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Jibba The Gent talks new Spotify success, creating a legacy, and more with RNH Magazine


Results No Hype Magazine checks out Springfield, Vermont hip-hop music artist Jibba The Gent.




Explain what your name means?
My name started as the nick name “Jibba”. I would be the one rolling up some of mother natures sweet gift and handing them out to friends. Jibba is a slang term for a joint in Vermont, so people started calling me that. Guilty by association I guess… “The Gent” was added on later after seeing the movie Goodfellas. Robert Deniro played Jimmy The Gent, an Irish gangster who made a living off of heist where he would also give some of the loot to the people he robbed. He was pretty generous, I liked that about him. All the murdering he was convicted of I can’t really stand by, so let’s just say I murder mics and stages instead.

What city and state are you representing?
Springfield, VT

Describe your style of singing or rapping?
My style is versatile. I write to the beats I choose because they speak to me. I tell the stories from my life in deep lyrics with heavy wordplay with a twist of my signature sarcasm.

Who inspired you to pursue a music career?
My family was always into music and the arts, it has been a part of my life since I was born. I never thought of pursuing music until I heard Warren G’s Regulator – G Funk Era album. From that day on I immersed myself into hip hop culture. I loved the music so much and felt like a story like mine hadn’t been told yet in hip-hop. So I decided to tell it.

What challenges did you face as a youth in pursuit of your music
There is no hip-hop scene in Vermont. Well, I should say there WAS no hip-hop scene in Vermont. I came up with local acts like, DJ A-Dog, Rhythm Ruckus, VT Union and The Aztexts. These we’re the only artists really doing anything and they lived in Burlington, VT. Two and a half hours away from where I was in the Southern part of Vermont, Springfield. I’ve really had to pave my own way and learn this business’ ins and outs virtually alone. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s been worth it.

Describe your feelings when you’re recording music in the studio
When I’m recording or performing, it’s my time. I shut the world out and all of my problems and worries, I let go. Sometime’s it feels like I’m outside of my body just watching, at peace. I have the auto-immune disease, ulcerative colitis. When I was at my worst health wise, the doctors feared for my life and I was in so much pain I felt I could take my own life. The stage was the only place I felt healthy. In a sense, Hip-hop saved my life.

What is the message behind your music?
Never give up, be true to yourself and if you talk about it be about it. I aim to inspire and be inspired through music.

What do you fear the most in this business?
Getting taken advantage of by the shady people out to make a buck. It’s happened to me a few times, it’s wasted time, wasted effort and money. My biggest failure so far was promoting a local hip hop event featuring Cory Gunz of Young Money. He canceled on me 3 hours before the doors opened. He wasn’t anywhere near Vermont at the time, he was still home in NYC. I felt very disrespected and worse off I dissappointed a lot of fans that night. I was fresh off back to back successful shows featuring Black Rob and Bizarre of D12. My promoting was growing and this was my biggest show yet. I never really came back to that same hype after that show. It was very unfortunate.

Are you excited to be featured in RNH Magazine?
Very excited to be back, I’m looking to make this a monthly thing with RNH. They are good people, plus they get #resultsandnohype BOOM! Nah for real though, I love swinging through here at RNH and talking about what’s going on in the world of Jibba.


How can people reach you on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & etc?
Shoot me a message to any of the links below. I’m just a regular guy making good music, looking to collaborate or show swap with other musicians.

Video:  I'm Dead



Twitter Link
HTTPS://TWITTER.COM/JIBBATHEGENT

Instagram Link
HTTPS://WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM/JIBBATHEGENT/

Facebook Link
HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/JIBBATHEGENT/

Spotify Link
HTTPS://OPEN.SPOTIFY.COM/ALBUM/7J67ZLJP0YU7K1DUEHTKCU

Soundcloud Link
HTTPS://SOUNDCLOUD.COM/JIBBA-THE-GENT/MAPLE-SYRUP-FEAT-JUNFARGO-VAZY-AND-YUNG-BREEZE

ITUNES link to your track
HTTPS://ITUNES.APPLE.COM/US/ALBUM/MAPLE-SYRUP-FEAT-JUNUM-YUNG-BREEZE-VAZY/ID1234842489?I=1234842872

Soundcloud Link to your profile
HTTPS://SOUNDCLOUD.COM/JIBBA-THE-GENT

YouTube link to your VIDEO
https://youtu.be/btpP6L2WRV8

URL LINK TO YOUR SOUNDCLOUD TRACK (EXAMPLE HTTPS://SOUNDCLOUD.COM/OFFICIALCLASSROOMMAJORS/I-NEED)
HTTPS://SOUNDCLOUD.COM/JIBBA-THE-GENT/MAPLE-SYRUP-FEAT-JUNFARGO-VAZY-AND-YUNG-BREEZE

No comments :

Post a Comment


Please keep your comments polite and on-topic. No profanity

R E C E N T . . . C O M M E N T S

Springfield Vermont News is an ongoing zero-income volunteer hyperlocal news gathering project. No paid advertising is accepted on this site but any Springfield business willing to place a link to this news blog on their site will be considered for a free ad here. Businesses, organizations and individuals may submit write-ups and photos about any positive happenings here in Springfield that they are associated with and would be deemed newsworthy. Email the Editor at ed44vt@gmail.com.

Privacy statement: This blog does not share personal information with third parties nor do we store any information about your visit to this blog other than to analyze and optimize your content and reading experience through the use of cookies. You can turn off the use of cookies at anytime by changing your specific browser settings. We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice and was last updated on January 1, 2017. If you have any questions feel free to contact Springfield Vermont News directly here: ed44vt@gmail.com

Pageviews past week

---

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts